Digital Marketing Summer Internship 2024
Are you looking for a summer internship in our Digital Marketing team on some challenging digital initiatives? One that develops commercial acumen alongside your technical skills?
We’re looking for undergraduates who can answer “yes” to the above for our Summer Internship Programme. You’ll join us in our L&G Retail Division, gaining valuable insights over the course of the 8-week summer placement
Starting Monday 1st July, your internship will last for 8 weeks. This programme is a pipeline for our Graduate Programme (although successful completion of the Summer Programme does not guarantee that a graduate role is available).
Please note, we can only accept 1 application per person across all of our intern programmes. Therefore, please think carefully about the programme you intend to apply for. Your first application will be considered as your only application.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the delivery of digital excellence across the Legal & General digital platforms.
- Deliver key website content updates such as publishing new webpages, editing existing content and ensuring that web content is fit for purpose and aligns with our marketing.
- Support webpage design across mobile and desktop using UX principles and best practice.
- Monitor and report website performance using tools such as Adobe Analytics, data visualisation, heat maps, session recordings and usability testing.
- Undertake web analysis projects to identify key insights and provide recommendations for improvement. Support the introduction of these recommendations to improve digital customer experience.
- Learn and apply the basics of Conversion Rate Optimisation and Search Engine Optimisation
- Work with digital agency partners and tools to ensure our team is maximising the support available and adding value to the wider business.
- Shadow and work with the senior team to liaise with wider stakeholders, support projects and provide meaningful insight.
First and foremost, we are looking for people who embody our behaviours:
- Straightforward - doing what we say and saying what we mean
- Collaborative - working together constructively
- Purposeful – working with pace and energy
We’re not expecting prior industry experience, but we’ll want to see that you have the tools to develop quickly. These include:
- 2:1 Degree (any discipline); however a degree in marketing or a related field would be advantageous
- You will be in your penultimate year of University (i.e. graduating in 2025)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong attention to detail
- Analytical mind-set
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively; you are someone who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Flexible and a team-player
- Curiosity and an eagerness to learn
- Competent IT skills, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ideally you will have a passion for websites and bring a creative approach; able to deliver optimised digital customer experiences in line with the company’s wider strategy.
The role will be based in Cardiff and will involve a flexible working approach whereby you split your time between working from home and the office.
What is the assessment process?
Our Assessment process typically involves the following stages, but may vary slightly from scheme to scheme.
Captures essential information from candidate and is an opportunity to provide their CV
- Includes multiple choice questions and a video interview. The online test asks a number of behavioural questions to help us understand more about candidates' strengths. There is also an analytical component which assesses numerical reasoning skills. In the video interview, we will ask 3 core questions focusing on motivation to join L&G, as well as the candidates approach to learning.
Assessment centre (either face to face or virtual) comprised of:
Group Exercise - candidates are given a task to work on in groups of up to 6 and observed
Interview - Conducted by 2 assessors, 45 minutes including time for questions from the candidate, questions include competency and commercial based questions
Presentation - 15 minutes in duration, 10 minutes to present and 5 minutes for questions from assessor
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Our latest posts
Are you weighing up the option of apprenticeship versus university? You’re not alone. Dan Molloy was in this exact position. He knew he wanted a qualification, but he was stuck wondering which r
Legal & General runs apprentice programmes to kick-start careers in Data, Technology, Accounting, Customer Service, Project Management, Business Analysis and Financial Crime. From school or coll
Legal & General runs apprentice programmes across London, Cardiff and Hove, welcoming talent to an enterprise-wide community which shares ideas and learning in a supportive environment. The prog
Tim started his apprenticeship with us five years ago. He had never imagined himself working at a company like Legal & General – but was open to a different experience from his family and took t
I've been at L&G running the affordable homes business for just over 3-years now. Starting from scratch, me and my co-workers have built a business of 115 people delivering great quality affordable ho
For Toby, supporting a greater purpose isn’t a tick-box activity. He gets back from his giving. Interested to hear more about Toby and how he’s made a positive impact as part of his role at Legal & Ge
I’m a passionate advocate of life-long learning. Often when someone leaves school or university, they assume that learning is over and done with, but that should not be the case. My role in the Learni
Tomorrow is World Mental Health Day - a moment when we reflect on life, the trials and the tribulations, how those impact each one of us, and what you and I can do to guard our own mental wellbeing an
Camilla Ayling joined our investment management division in 2019. When we first sat down to speak to Camilla, she was one of our rising Equity Analysts. Since then, she has progressed to become a Fund
I never thought that, after completing a degree in fashion design, I would end up finding a job I love in financial services. My current role involves managing our internal knowledge base, which is ba