Head of Health & Safety, Real Assets Equity
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
The world of investment is changing. Our vision at Legal & General Investment Management is to create a better, more sustainable future through responsible investing. We work in partnership with our clients around the globe to deliver positive long-term outcomes, while rising to the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. To meet our clients’ complex and evolving investment needs, our investment strategies cover a broad array of asset classes and styles, including equities, bonds, property and alternatives, as well as multi-asset funds. We’re focused on continuously innovating our investment products, maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes, and striving to build a more responsible and sustainable future.
This role is based in our Real Assets Equity (RAE) team, who are one of the UK’s largest real estate managers with c£25 billion under management.
What you'll be doing
- Acting as the ‘competent person’ for LGIM RAE with overall responsibility for ensuring that all procedures and process (for asset management and development) are legally compliant and in line with LGIM RA and L&G Group Health & Safety policies.
- Leading and supporting the development of Health & Safety strategies, plans and objectives for the organisation across both development and operations including updates to processes and procedures through continuous review of risk profile and activities.
- Owning RAE’s Health & Safety performance metrics and monthly/ quarterly reporting cycle to support business management. Create and deliver key annual and quarterly reports as required to LGIM Boards and Health & Safety governance forums.
- Producing quarterly reports for the RAE Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Real Assets ExCo and L&G Group covering health and safety compliance, Modern Slavery and best practice relating to matters arising out of asset management and development activity.
- Undertaking regular reviews of the health and safety performance of the Managing Agents, Operating Partners, Project Managers, Development Partners against agreed KPIs and contractual specifications
- Project managing and reporting on implementation of additional statutory requirements across LGIM RAE
- As directed, working with development contractors to establish new site Health & Safety procedures in line with LGIM RAE requirements
- Providing incident investigation oversight to ensure lessons are learnt and implemented, driving continuous improvement and capabilities within the team
- Ensuring Compliance Management Software (currently Track Record) is aligned to business requirements and reporting reflective of business activities
- Promoting best practice across Real Assets Equity business and ensure appropriate support to relevant Asset/ Development Managers as required
- Representing LGIM RAE at relevant Health & Safety governance forums across L&G Group and externally
- Creating and managing a training matrix for Asset/Development Managers
- Carrying out H&S inductions and in-house training as required to support business needs
- Supporting the business with day-to-day ad-hoc requests from internal stakeholders of various levels for Health & Safety support and guidance
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate- CSCS Card (Desirable)
- Substantial experience and a track record of supporting large property portfolios/Developments
- A quick learner of new systems (or proven track record of picking up bespoke systems in the past)
- Able to multi-task and work in a responsive environment
- Excellent time management to keep on top of cyclical deadlines
- A good understanding of the requirements of maintaining and improving an effective health and safety management system.
- Ability to demonstrate proactive, result-driven responses to concerns and ensure mitigation in place for future issues
- Straightforward and organised to enable projects and deadlines to be met across reporting cycles
- Collaborative across multiple internal teams and external contractors/ partners
- Data and technical expertise to influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to take action
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Our latest posts
Are you weighing up the option of apprenticeship versus university? You’re not alone. Dan Molloy was in this exact position. He knew he wanted a qualification, but he was stuck wondering which r
Legal & General runs apprentice programmes to kick-start careers in Data, Technology, Accounting, Customer Service, Project Management, Business Analysis and Financial Crime. From school or coll
Legal & General runs apprentice programmes across London, Cardiff and Hove, welcoming talent to an enterprise-wide community which shares ideas and learning in a supportive environment. The prog
Tim started his apprenticeship with us five years ago. He had never imagined himself working at a company like Legal & General – but was open to a different experience from his family and took t
I've been at L&G running the affordable homes business for just over 3-years now. Starting from scratch, me and my co-workers have built a business of 115 people delivering great quality affordable ho
For Toby, supporting a greater purpose isn’t a tick-box activity. He gets back from his giving. Interested to hear more about Toby and how he’s made a positive impact as part of his role at Legal & Ge
I’m a passionate advocate of life-long learning. Often when someone leaves school or university, they assume that learning is over and done with, but that should not be the case. My role in the Learni
Tomorrow is World Mental Health Day - a moment when we reflect on life, the trials and the tribulations, how those impact each one of us, and what you and I can do to guard our own mental wellbeing an
Camilla Ayling joined our investment management division in 2019. When we first sat down to speak to Camilla, she was one of our rising Equity Analysts. Since then, she has progressed to become a Fund
I never thought that, after completing a degree in fashion design, I would end up finding a job I love in financial services. My current role involves managing our internal knowledge base, which is ba